Isn't our CFO so cute?? She turned as red as her jacket!
Earlier this week, it was announced that my boss, Shannon, was promoted from Controller to CFO! It is a huge milestone for her career, and a goal she has had for 5 years! My co-workers and I were so proud of her, and so happy that she accomplished it, we threw her a surprise party!
Shannon loves Chocolate Chip cookes, and usually has them for breakfast, so when I said I'd make a cake, I thought a chocolate chip cookie cake would be fitting. I love the cookie bar recipe Trish gave me, and decided that would probably work best. I used a little less baking soda so it would spread a little more, and not rise as much, and it came out perfectly! I baked it in a 14" cake pan lined with parchment, and it was very easy to transfer to my stand.
I iced it with buttercream and used little royal flowers for decorations. Of course, we served sparkling grape juice with it. Have I mentioned I LOVE MY JOB AND COWORKERS?!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
based off chocolate chip cookie bars
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 c vegetable oil
1 c light brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cp semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sugars with the oil.
3. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, mixing well.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients.
5. Stir chocolate chips.
6. Line a 14" cake pan with parchment paper, spray with nonstick spray.
7. Spread the dough into the pan.
8. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes until light golden brown.