So I compiled a few of my favorite alternative recipes that take every day recipes and make them healthier.
I also made a list of healthy meals that I came up with, not based on a traditional recipe. Though most of the recipes in my blog that I create are healthy (minus the baked goods), I picked a few of my favorites.
As I am approaching my 1 year Blogiversary, I am also working to compile a "Best of '08" list, so stay tuned!
- Burger and Fries I (Cranberry Turkey Burger with Squash Fries)
- Burger and Fries II (Thai Turkey Burgers with Mango Salsa and Sweet Potato Saratoga Chips)
- Burger and Fries III (Southwest Turkey Burgers and Grilled Corn)
- Baked Chicken Parmesan with Eggplant Penne
- Chicken Milanese (based off Uno's)
- Lasagna (Spinach and Chicken Sausage)
- Turkey Meatloaf Wellington (play on Beef Wellington)
- The Breakfast Horseshoe (NOT healthy, just a 'lighter' version of the original!)
- Shredded Pork Soft Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw (try it with corn tortillas and leave off the Guac. for a super healthy meal)
- Asian Slaw in Baked Wonton Cups, Spicy Asian Chicken Meatballs (great healthy appetizers!)
- Herb-Citrus Inspired Turkey Dinner with Fixings - all super healthy!